Touched by Aloha
Information We Collect About You.We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, surf the website, or participate in other site features.
- When registering, we ask for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number;
- If you transact business with us, we ask for your financial information such as your payment method (valid credit/debit card number, type, expiration date and other financial information); and
- Other personal and non-personal information that allows us to serve you may also be collected.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- If you choose to register on our website and then return to our website at another time, then your password and other personally identifiable information will provide you with access to your customer and order information.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
How Your InformationIsUsed. We may use the information collected from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature.
How InformationIs Protected. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- When you place orders or access your personal information, the information is housed on a secure server.
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into Stripe database.
Site Optimization and Usage Tracking.In order to assure your visits to our websites are completely satisfactory, we track user traffic patterns throughout our website to determine which areas of our site users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas, as well as the kinds of products that most interest our customers. This helps us continue building a better site for you. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies.
Web beacons. Web beacons are small, transparent graphics that are placed on our website to track how you arrive at our website and what you do at the website. We may use web beacons to track web sales, customers’ browsing activities at our website, or to compile sales and statistical data. This information assists us in enhancing your shopping experience.
Supplementation of Information.In order to provide our services to you, we may supplement the personal information you submit to us with information from third party sources. For example, for credit card payments, we may communicate with a company that processes credit card payments and utilize services which help us verify your identity.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Paulette Williams, site owner. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you.
Opting-out, Removing or ModifyingInformation. To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction for record keeping.
Surveys. From time to time we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in surveys on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participating in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Typical information requested includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and your account number. You may receive promotional emails from us as a result of participating in a survey.
Social Networking and Blogs.When you post an entry on a web log (“blog”) hosted by, created by or associated with Touched by Aloha or submit content to us (such as reviews, photos or videos), we may publish the information you provide.
Third-party Service Providers. We use third-party service providers in various aspects of our business, and we may share your personal information with them as necessary for them to perform their functions. For example, service providers may assist us with credit card processing, website functionality or emails. They may collect personal or non-personal statistics about our users,have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Other Disclosures. We may disclose personal information when we are required or requested to do so by law, court order, subpoena, legal process, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency to establish, exercise, enforce or apply our rights and agreements; defend against legal claims, or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property or safety of our website, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities.
Changes to this Policy. We will update this Policy from time to time to reflect certain factors such as changes in our practices. When we change the Policy, we will indicate the date of the last revision in the Effective Date section below. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will place a notice on our website near the link to this Policy and may also send a notice to the email address that you have provided. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time so you should check our website and this Policy frequently to see recent changes.
Accessing/Updating Your Information. You can both check and update the information in your customer profile by clicking on the My Account link on our website and following the instructions provided for you.
Transaction-specific Emails. If you provide your email address when placing an order, you will receive transaction-based emails including but not limited to order confirmation and shipment confirmation.